Academic Appeals & Grievances

If you feel you have been unfairly marked or that a professor has mistreated you, LUSU can help. Whether you wish to file an appeal or simply discuss your problems with a professor, LUSU’s VP Orillia is available to assist you. To contact the VP Orillia email, stop by the LUSU office (OA1027).

It’s a good idea to fill out a Student Intake form before you meet with the VP Orillia. You can use this form for any student-related issue you are experiencing. These include but are not limited to:

  • Academic appeals
  • An accusation of a Student Code of Conduct violation
  • You have experienced inappropriate behavior and/or mistreatment by administration or faculty
  • Denied accessibility accommodations

  • Student Intake Form

    Important contacts:

  • Lakehead University Student Union, Vice-President Orillia, Theresa Vande Burgt, 705-330-4008 x2181
  • Ombudsperson,
  • Office of Human Rights and Equity Director, Dreeni Greer

  • For more information on Academic Appeals & Grievances, please visit the website HERE